WhatsApp has started rolling out the Avatar feature for its users in the app. Meta has already enabled the feature on its other social media apps, such as Instagram and Facebook. Avatars are not just regular emojis or stickers, but a visual representation of yourself with different expressions, a combination of hairstyles, facial features, outfits and much more. In this article, we will tell you how to create a WhatsApp avatar and use it in the app in different ways. Moreover, you can also set your WhatsApp avatar as your profile picture. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Also read: WhatsApp Group Names: 200+ Best WhatsApp Group Names for Friends, Family and More
What is WhatsApp Avatar?
WhatsApp Avatar is a sticker-like visual representation of yourself or another character. It is more personalized compared to the stickers WhatsApp already has. These are customizable and can be easily made according to you. Or you can choose one of the 36 custom stickers already available in the app. The main idea behind Avatar is to express yourself in a more personal way and with more emotions. Let’s see how to make it.
How do you create a WhatsApp avatar?
Follow the steps below to create WhatsApp Avatar on Android or iOS smartphone.
- Open the WhatsApp mobile application on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to Settings of WhatsApp and you will find an option called Avatar.
- Tap the option and then Create your avatar.
- Tap Get started.
- Now you are asked to create WhatsApp avatar based on your likes and dislikes. Do that.
- When you’re done, tap Done and save changes.
- That is it. Your Avatar has been created. You can now use it in the app.
Also read: WhatsApp Stickers: How to Download and Send Stickers on WhatsApp
How to use?
WhatsApp Avatar can be used in two ways: by creating a profile or sending it as stickers in the inbox. Let’s see how we can do both.
How to make your avatar your profile picture on WhatsApp?
Follow these steps to make your avatar your profile picture on WhatsApp.
- On WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Tap the Avatar option.
- A ‘Create Profile Picture’ option will appear. Tap it.
- Now you can change the background color of your profile picture.
- You can also change the Avatar expression.
- When you’re done, tap Done in the top right corner.
- That’s all, you have set your WhatsApp avatar as your profile picture.
Also read: WhatsApp transfer from Android to iPhone: Migrate WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone on WhatsApp
How do you use your avatar as stickers in chat?
WhatsApp Avatar can be used as typical stickers in your chat. Just follow the instructions below to do that.
- Open a WhatsApp chat from your list.
- In the message bar, tap the sticker icon.
- You will see three icons in the bottom section: GIF, Stickers, and Avatar. Tap Avatar.
- Now tap on the available Avatar icons and it will be sent.
You have now sent your icon as stickers, now follow the same for another inbox.
Also read: WhatsApp Font Styles: Bold, Italic, Strikethrough or Monospace text messages on the WhatsApp app and web?
How do you delete your avatar on WhatsApp?
If you want to remove your WhatsApp avatar from your account, follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Settings and then to the Avatar section.
- At the bottom of the menu you will find an option to remove Avatar.
- Tap it and confirm by tapping the Delete button.
- That’s all. Your saved avatar will be removed from your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Which devices are compatible with WhatsApp Avatars?
Currently only Android and iOS smartphones are only compatible with WhatsApp Avatars.
2) I updated to the new WhatsApp version, but I don’t have the WhatsApp avatar feature. Why?
WhatsApp is gradually rolling out the Avatar update for all regions, you will receive it shortly. Meanwhile, you can try to update WhatsApp app from Play Store or App Store.
3) How do I find my WhatsApp avatar?
To find your WhatsApp avatar, go to Settings and then to the Avatar section. Here you will find the Avatar you created.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive technical content, like our Facebook page