Thursday, September 29, 2022
HomeEducationWhat is PM SHRI Scheme Under Which 14,500 Schools Will be Upgraded?

What is PM SHRI Scheme Under Which 14,500 Schools Will be Upgraded?

Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated on Sept. 5 that as many as 14,500 schools across India will be “upgraded” as part of a new centrally sponsored program, the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India (PM SHRI).

What is PMSHRI?

As part of this, up to 14,500 schools in states and union territories would undergo renovations to reflect key elements of the NEP 2020. The first announcement regarding this scheme was made in June at a NEP conference hosted by the Ministry of Education in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar after the plan was discussed with state education ministers.

Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union’s education minister, had previously stated that the plan would be brought forward after consultation with states. He added that while there are exemplary schools like Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas, the PM SHRI will act as “FAKE labs”.

What are the main features of NEP in school education?

As announced by the officials, the National Education Plan (NEP) provides a curriculum structure and teaching method, organized into primary, preparatory, secondary and secondary levels. Playful learning is used in the first years (kindergarten and grades I and II). At the preparatory level (III-V) light textbooks should be introduced along with some formal classroom teaching. In addition, subject teachers will also be introduced at the middle level (VI-VIII). Arts and sciences and other fields will not be clearly separated in the secondary phase (IX–XII).

Speaking of the new scheme, Prime Minister Modi said the organizations created by Prime Minister SHRI would turn into “model schools” and “encapsulate the full essence of NEP”.

See also  Fake Universities List 2022: दिल्ली में हैं सबसे ज्यादा फर्जी यूनिवर्सिटीज, यूजीसी ने जारी की सूची

“The National Education Policy has recently changed the education landscape. I am confident that PM-SHRI schools will continue to be beneficial to thousands of children across India.

The Prime Minister claims that the schools will use an advanced, transformative and comprehensive approach to educate students. A learning-oriented, discovery-oriented approach to teaching will be prioritized. Modern infrastructure will also be emphasized, including advanced technology, intelligent classrooms, sports and more.

Schools upgraded under the scheme will receive upgrades, including labs, modern classrooms, libraries, sporting goods and art studios. They will be built as green schools, with energy efficient infrastructure, waste recycling, water conservation and the integration of an organic lifestyle into the curriculum.

Where will these schools be located?

The list of schools selected for this purpose has not yet been made public by the Center. However, it has also stated that the PM SHRI schools will “provide mentorship” to other schools in the area.

Since this school is sponsored by the Center, it contributes 60 percent of the running costs. The other 40 percent is for the account of the government or the UT. In Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir and in the northeast, the Center’s contribution can be as high as 90 percent.

Read all Latest education news and Important news here


RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments