Friday, September 30, 2022
HomeEntertainmentUK doctors concerned for Queen’s health, family head to Scotland

UK doctors concerned for Queen’s health, family head to Scotland

Relatives rushed to side with Queen Elizabeth after doctors said Thursday they were concerned for the health of the 96-year-old British monarch and said she should remain under medical supervision.

The Queen, Britain’s longest-reigning sovereign and the world’s oldest monarch, has suffered from what Buckingham Palace calls “episodic mobility problems” since late last year.

“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about Her Majesty’s health and have recommended that they remain under medical supervision,” the palace said in a statement.

“The Queen remains comfortable and in Balmoral.”

Her eldest son and heir Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have traveled to her Scottish home Balmoral Castle, where she resides, along with his eldest son Prince William, officials said.

Last October, Elizabeth spent a night in the hospital and has since been forced to cut back on her public obligations. On Wednesday, she canceled a virtual meeting with senior ministers after being advised to rest by her doctors.

The day before, she had been pictured appointing Liz Truss as the country’s new prime minister in Balmoral.
A source at the palace said immediate family members had been informed and downplayed speculation that the monarch had fallen.

Queen of Great Britain and more than a dozen other countries since 1952, Elizabeth celebrated her 70th year on the throne earlier this year.

Truss said the entire country would be deeply concerned about the news.

“My thoughts – and the thoughts of people in our UK – are with Her Majesty the Queen and her family at the moment,” she said.

See also  How Anushka Sharma Spent Her Saturday With Daughter Vamika In London. See Post

Lindsay Hoyle, the Speaker of the House of Commons, interrupted an energy debate in Parliament to say he had sent the monarch his best wishes.

“Like the rest of the country, I am deeply concerned about this afternoon’s news from Buckingham Palace,” said opposition Labor leader Keir Starmer.


RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments