Capcom is hosting a closed beta test for: Street Fighter 6 October 7-10 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC (Steam), the company announced. Applications are available on the official website.
The closed beta test will feature cross-play as well as eight playable characters and the following modes: Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center, and Training Mode.
Capcom also released a new set of trailers featuring World Tour, Fighting Ground, and Battle Hub game modes, new real-time commentators Kosuke Hiraiwa and Demon Kakka, and the closed beta test announcement.
Check out the latest details below.
Street Fighter 6 continues its momentum with knockout combos of new World Tour and Battle Hub information, four character reveals, the new Extreme Battle mode, plus the reveal of an upcoming closed beta test!
World Tour and Battle Hub
First, major updates to World Tour and Battle Hub were announced, including:
- World tour – Players can create their own avatars with a variety of customization options to reflect their personal style and flair. As players progress through the immersive story mode, they will hone their avatar’s power through Street Fights with various NPCs and encounter masters such as Ryu and Chun-Li who will teach them special moves from their own repertoire. All World Tour residents and opponents never shy away from a challenge and transition seamlessly from conversation to combat.
- battle hub – Players can bring their custom avatars to the Battle Hub, which serves as a lobby to find matches against other players from around the world, including online tournaments. When two players sit in one of the arcade cabinets placed back to back in the Battle Hub, they can start a match with the entire Battle Hub as the audience. Players can also visit the Game Center to play retro Capcom classics such as Street Fighter II and Last fight.
Coming in second was the introduction of four World Warriors returning to the streets:
- Ken – Allegations of orchestrating a criminal plot have forced Ken, a former US National Fighting Champion and ex-VP of the Masters Foundation, to abandon his family and company and go into hiding. A legend in the Street Fighter series, Ken has a classic set with new additions that keep things fresh.
- Blanka A good-hearted adventure travel guide and defender of nature, Blanka has his signature Electric Thunder and Rolling Attacks, plus brand new Blanka-chan Bombs and the return of his Lightning Beast move.
- Dhalsim – A monk and yoga master, Dhalsim channels his familiar fire techniques from previous games, while also mastering moves like Yoga Fire, Yoga Arch, Yoga Comet and Yoga Flame.
- E. Honda – E. Honda, a world traveler sumo wrestler, mixes old with new and brings back his signature moves like Hundred Hand Slap and Sumo Headbutt, plus his brand new Sumo Dash where he moves forward with a traditional sumo shuffle.
Extreme Battle Mode
Entering the Fighting Ground, the all-new Extreme Battle mode offers a new way to spice up matches with unconventional parameters. These fast-paced and frenetic battles are governed by new rules and gimmicks that make every match an experience for everyone to enjoy. Rules determine the victory condition for players, while Gimmicks add a new level of fun, such as a runaway bull that sporadically interrupts a match.
Two more commentators were revealed for the Real-Time Commentary feature, Kosuke Hiraiwa (play-by-play commentator) and His Excellency Demon Kakka (color commentator). Kosuke Hiraiwa is a well-known esports caster who lends his expertise and professionalism to Street Fighter 6. HEDemon Kakka is the lead singer of the Japanese heavy metal band Seikima-II. While they will comment on your matches in Japanese, there will be companion subtitles for each of the 13 supported languages that will be displayed on the screen when selected.
Closed beta test
Finally, from October 7-10, 2022, a closed beta test will take place on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam with cross-play enabled! The closed beta test includes the Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center, and Training Mode. Eight characters can be played during the test, including Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, Guile, Kimberly, Juri and Ken.
Street Fighter 6 will be released in 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series and PC via Steam. Read more about the game here.
Watch the new trailers below. Check out a new set of screenshots in the gallery.
Trailer for World Tour, Fighting Ground and Battle Hub game mode
Closed Beta Trailer Announced
Real-time Commentary Feature: Kosuke Hiraiwa and HEDemon Kakka Trailer