It’s a cloudy Wednesday morning and we all know what that means: new PS5 firmware! Sony has just released the latest system software update for its current-gen console, weighing in at just over 1GB. So, what’s the scoop on this? What does the latest PS5 firmware actually do? Good news: it’s a big one.
After a short beta, this PS5 firmware update introduces many new features and improvements, including:
- Game library game lists (folders)
- Support for 1440p resolution
- Improvements to Game Base
- Improvements to Game Help
- Better access to ongoing activities
- Compare 3D audio and regular stereo
This new firmware makes some much-requested additions, so hopefully you’re all pretty happy with this update. You can read a few more details on the PS blog. Are you going to take advantage of these new and improved features? Let us know in the comments below.