Minecraft 1.19, also known as The Wild Update, is the game’s latest major content update until version 1.20 is released sometime in 2023. Thanks to the new implementations that expand the game world and its many biomes and creatures, it’s an excellent update to enjoy whether you’re a veteran or a total newcomer.
For game fans interested in playing version 1.19, purchasing and downloading the game is incredibly easy and can be done in just a few moments across different platforms. You who may not have been in the game for a while can just as easily update to version 1.19+ and dive into the game after a short download process.
Minecraft download on all consoles
For fans to begin their Minecraft adventure, they must purchase the game on their corresponding device. Currently, Minecraft: Java Edition is available on PCs, while Bedrock Edition is available on PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS compatible mobile devices, and Windows PCs.
Older versions of Bedrock Edition can also be found on various platforms, including Nintendo WiiU, Xbox 360, PS Vita, and PlayStation 3. They are no longer supported for new content.
Download the game on a PC
- Go to Minecraft.net and select the “Download Minecraft” button on the front page.
- Select the console (in this case computer) and select the edition of the game you want to purchase. You receive both Java and Bedrock Edition for one price.
- Once your transaction is complete, download the game launcher and open it.
- Select the game edition you want to play between Java or Bedrock (or both) and click the green install button. After a quick download, the install button should become a play button. Don’t worry about the version of the game is 1.19 because the launcher will update the game to the latest version when it opens!
Download the game on the console
- From your console’s dashboard or main menu, open your virtual storefront (PS Store, Xbox Marketplace, Nintendo eShop, etc.) and your search field.
- Type Minecraft in the search field and hit enter.
- The game’s thumbnail should appear soon, so open the game’s page from the thumbnail.
- Press the corresponding buy/download button on the page and enter your payment details to begin the download.
- Once the download is complete, return to your dashboard and select the game. It may be necessary to apply a quick update first to ensure the game is version 1.19 or higher.
Download the game on mobile
- Open your mobile app store (Google Play or Apple App Store) and type Minecraft in the search field.
- Open the game page and select the download button. After entering your payment details, the app should download automatically.
- By default, the game downloads with the latest stable build, so you don’t need to manually update the game to 1.19. Open the game and enjoy!
In addition to these methods, it is worth noting that gamers with an active subscription to Xbox Game Pass can download the game for free on both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs.
Update Minecraft to version 1.19 and above
After downloading the game on most devices, it usually updates automatically when a new stable build is released. However, sometimes things don’t quite work out as planned and players need to open their launcher or manually update the game on their device. For players returning after playing for a while, a manual update to 1.19+ may be required to enjoy the new in-game content.
Update to 1.19+ on PC
- Download/open the Minecraft Launcher. If you do this, the application will usually update Java and Bedrock automatically if you have a stable internet connection and either game is installed.
- If the automatic update doesn’t happen right away, go to the Java/Bedrock tab and click the green button in the middle. It should say “installing” if there is an update to download. Make sure the drop-down to the left of the button on Java Edition is set to “current version.”
- Once the download is complete, the green button should return to the play button.
Update to 1.19+ on mobile
- If your device didn’t update the game automatically, you may need to go to your respective app store. Find the game’s main app page as if you were going to install it.
- The play button on Android and iOS should be replaced with an update button. Select this button to download the latest version of the game.
- Return to your home screen and open the game once the download is complete.
Update to 1.19+ on console
- Nintendo switch – Once your console is powered on and connected to the internet, try opening the Minecraft app. The console should ask you if you want to download the available update. Select yes, and after the update the game should start.
- Xbox One/Series X|S – Select ‘my games and apps’ and find Minecraft in the list. Select the ‘more options’ button, then ‘manage game/add-ons’ and ‘updates’.
- Playstation 4/5 – Hover over the Minecraft app thumbnail, press the option button, then “check for updates”. After the download is complete, you can open the game normally.
Fortunately, the download and update process has been made incredibly easy, allowing players to spend minimal time digging through apps and programs to download patches and have more time to enjoy the game. It’s just another perk of the world’s most beloved sandbox game. The fact that the game is updated as soon as possible by default is beneficial for newcomers and veterans alike.