Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 188.8.131.52 beta and preview was released on November 23, 2022.
Like the recent snapshot made available by its Java counterpart, this Bedrock Edition beta contains content planned for the upcoming 1.20 update. This includes piglin heads, the ability to place mob heads on notepads to play sounds, bamboo wood blocks, rafts, and bug fixes.
Bedrock Edition players can access the beta through Microsoft and Mojang’s preview program on Windows, Android, and Xbox.
An iOS version of the preview is not yet available. However, Mojang stated in a recent support message that it was working to address the issue.
The process of downloading the latest Minecraft Bedrock preview differs from platform to platform
Depending on the platform players are using, the method of joining the Bedrock 184.108.40.206 Preview Program is different.
Windows players can use the Minecraft Launcher to enjoy the Bedrock preview or the Xbox Game Pass if they have an active subscription.
Android players using Pocket Edition have their own method through the Google Play Store, while Xbox players can use a similar option.
How to Download Latest Bedrock Preview – Windows
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Once the launcher opens, select the Bedrock Edition tab on the left.
- Click the preview tab above the cover art.
- Click the green install button and enjoy the preview after the download is complete.
- If you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can also go to to install the latest preview.
How to Download Latest Bedrock Preview – Android
- If you haven’t signed up for the preview program before, go to and select the button “Become a tester.”
- Go to the game’s page in the Google Play Store and install it. If it’s already installed, the beta should install automatically, just like a regular update on your device.
- Once the download is complete, just open the game and enjoy. To unsubscribe at a later time, return to the link provided in step 1 and click “Leave the program.”
How To Download The Latest Bedrock Preview – Xbox
- If you own a copy of the game or subscribe to Game Pass, search for Minecraft Preview from your dashboard. Once the product page loads, just select the “Install” button.
- When the installation is complete, go back to your dashboard and select the new Preview app that appeared and enjoy the game.
Hopefully, Mojang will be able to pinpoint iOS compatibility issues in the coming days so users can join in as well.
It’s unclear if this would require an alternative download method to the traditional Apple App Store sign-up, but hopefully it won’t. Regardless, players hoping to enjoy the preview on iOS should keep a close eye on official posts from Mojang in the near future.